Meet the Librarian: Ms.Alonzo!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Meet the Librarian: Ms.Alonzo!

Hiba Baloch, Staff Writer

“Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything”-Plato

In case you haven’t yet noticed, BPJH has a library (and of course, an amazing librarian to go with it)! From fixing iPads to helping check out books, Ms. Alonzo does it all. She has been a librarian for four years, this being her third year at our school.  She announced that she had the option of working at elementary, or working at junior high, and fortunately, she chose us.  She decided she wanted to be a librarian here, due to the fact that, she likes the age group and loves helping us. We should go to her if we’re experiencing problems with our iPads.  Her ”magical iPad fixing powers” make not having one go by as quick as possible!

We can also go to her if we need a peaceful, quiet place to be productive away from the bustling quad full of students running about here and there (the library). We can even go to her if we need something fixed such as if our lanyard broke, the iPad charger isn’t cooperating, and so on (fixing all of this does come with a cost, though). She’s one of the “behind the scenes” staff because she’s always in our quiet, little library, but her hard work doesn’t go un-noticed. She plays a massive role in helping out our junior high, and without her, the “Tech catastrophe” would be a “Tech tragedy”!

Next time you stop by the library, don’t forget to say “Hi!” and ”Thank you,” because the books in her library are the reason we can escape to fantasy worlds, let our imagination run wild, and provide us with ever-lasting knowledge.