• Happy Hanukkah!

• Only 3 Weeks Left in Quarter 2!

• Support our Fire Fighters and Victims of Fires by Bringing Donations

• Toy Drive for Giving Children Hope Charity on Now!

• Welcome to November

• Remember to Wear Your ID Lanyard at All Times

• Stallions are Respectful, Responsible, and Ready to Learn!

Thanksgiving Break

Back to Article
Back to Article

Thanksgiving Break

Saloni Kainth, Staff Writer

Thanksgiving break is coming up!! We have a WHOLE week to relax and eat food! Even if you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, you still get a whole week off. You will officially have November 19-November 23 off for Thanksgiving. There are many things to do during Thanksgiving break to help your community. You could spend your time helping and making our community a better place. A lot of activities are available to do during Thanksgiving that will help many people.

1. Westside Thanksgiving

There will be many volunteer places where you can volunteer to help serve food to the homeless and low income families. An example of this is the Westside Thanksgiving event. Many volunteers will be serving a traditional turkey dinner to everyone for free starting at 11am. Seniors, students, the homeless, and low income families are all welcome to arrive at this feast. This will take place on November 22, 2018 in West L.A. Civic Center which is 1645 Corinth Ave. Everyone is gladly welcomed to participate in this event.

2. Turkey Trot

You could also participate in walks to raise money such as The Turkey Trot in Burbank. This occasions draws in around 2,500 participants so far that will be able to run, jog, walk, or push strollers for a good cause. Prizes for this will be cash money and medals. The proceeds will go to the organization’s membership assistance program. This program provides affordable and free access to the YMCA’s services. This occasion will take place on November 22, 2018 in Burbank at YMCA which is 321 East Magnolia Blvd.

3. Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade

This parade will be taking place on November 28, 2018 in New York City to celebrate Thanksgiving. There will be many floats and decorations to make this occasion a great time. This is the worlds largest parade which started in 1924. This is a three hour event in Manhattan where employees have the chance to march in the parade. You can watch the fun on most major TV channels.

These are just the top three places you can go to help the community thrive during Thanksgiving break. These events will help people in need while some will provide entertainment. Have fun during Thanksgiving break!

• Arts & Entertainment

BPJH Winter Wonderland Dance!

• Thanksgiving Break

Arts & Entertainment

BoxLunch (Brea and Cerritos Mall)

• Thanksgiving Break

Arts & Entertainment

The Meg (movie review)

• Arts & Entertainment

Anime Recommendations and Top Favorites

• Arts & Entertainment

Click if You Want to Get Spooked…

• Arts & Entertainment

Creepypasta Origins

• Arts & Entertainment

Knott’s Scary Farm

• Thanksgiving Break

Arts & Entertainment

Introducing Mr. Shin

• Thanksgiving Break

Arts & Entertainment

The Advantages and Disadvantages of Coffee

• Thanksgiving Break

Arts & Entertainment

BPJH Family Movie Night

Thanksgiving Break