• Remember to Wear Your ID Lanyard at All Times

• Stallions are Respectful, Responsible, and Ready to Learn!

The Effects of Stress

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Effects of Stress

Grace Yo, Writer

Being a student can be stressful, and stress can be good for you. However, when it reaches high levels, it can be harmful to your body. Stress can make you make bad food choices and prevent you from exercising. It can interfere with sleep habits. All of these will lead to an effect on your body, such as compromising your immune system, making you prone to illnesses. It can trigger shingles, (a very painful rash caused by the chicken pox virus) cold sores, and acid reflux. It may ruin your nails, from either being bitten on or triggering high levels of cortisol, which will prevent your nails from growing. Your hair can be at risk, too — of thinning or falling out, or turning gray prematurely. Stress may raise your blood pressure, which can increase your risk of heart attack and stroke. It might mess with your metabolism, lead to obesity, or make you moody. If you’re injured, the healing process may be slowed down because of your stress. And, of course, you might get some headaches.

While stress is sometimes good, and is inevitable, too much is harmful to you, your health, and your overall lifestyle. So, here’s some tips on how to keep good balance. First, maybe try to have more organization and get on top of your assignments. Also, you could talk to someone. Talking to someone could really help you relieve stress. Another trusted technique is always to get some more sleep. And finally, as hard as it may be, stay away from caffeine. Caffeine is a stimulant, so it’ll increase your stress rather than reducing it.

• The Effects of Stress

News

International Holocaust Remeberance Day

• News

Government Shutdown

• The Effects of Stress

News

Icy-Cream Roll

• The Effects of Stress

Arts & Entertainment

The History of Martin Luther King Jr. Day

• The Effects of Stress

News

National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day

• The Effects of Stress

News

Secret Santa Gifts with Friends

• The Effects of Stress

Arts & Entertainment

Celebration of Awesome: Rooms

• News

The Winter Solstice is Here!

• The Effects of Stress

News

Southern California Fire

• News

Celebration of Awesome

The Effects of Stress