• Remember to Wear Your ID Lanyard at All Times

• Stallions are Respectful, Responsible, and Ready to Learn!

High School

Back to Article
Back to Article

High School

Saloni Kainth, Staff Writer

Well, high school is quickly coming up for 8th graders and some may be excited, or some may be nervous. Moving to a new school is like starting out fresh. Even if you have a bad or a good reputation, high school is a chance to start again and thrive to be the best person you can be. Although sometimes, it’s scary for some people to move to high school, because they tend to overthink it which makes them panic.   But sometimes, all we have to do is make it out alive in order to succeed. These are the top 3 asked questions by students who are curious about high school. Hopefully, these answers will be able to help some people who are curious about high school.

1. Is the workload in high school harder?

The amount of work students get is based on what they learned in middle school. Students just have broader and advanced information about academic subjects. The work may be challenging and difficult, but it will be worth it when all that work pays off. Time management is essential in high school because you have to break your time in chunks in order to finish everything on time. Some tips on homework are to take quick breaks for your brain to relax, don’t procrastinate, and to ask for help.

2. How do I fit in?

This is a very common question asked by freshmen. There is nothing you could do to possibly fit in because everyone has their own unique traits. Everyone has a different personality and mindset. Just being yourself will majorly help in succeeding instead of being a fake person that everyone avoids. However, you should always make an effort to talk to people and make new friends.

3. How do I make homework less work?

Homework can be overwhelming sometimes, but these are a few tips on handling homework better.

-Manage your time well. Cut your time into chunks for each part of your homework.

-Start as soon as you come home. Don’t start late or else you will be up all night.

-Do your homework any chance you get. Even if you have some time during class or lunch, take that time to do some of your work. If you do some of your work at school, you won’t have much to do at home.

These are the top 3 questions asked by students that are curious about high school. High school is a time where you should focus as well as have fun and relax. Hopefully, all the 8th graders that are transferring to high school have a great time!

• High School

Opinion

Gift Ideas for Guys

• High School

Arts & Entertainment

Thanksgiving Break

• High School

Opinion

Adopt Don’t Shop

• Arts & Entertainment

Hamilton: An American Musical

• High School

Opinion

orange .

• High School

Opinion

My Favorite Instagram Accounts

• High School

Arts & Entertainment

indie

• High School

Opinion

Clinical Depression

• High School

Opinion

Pointless Fighting

• High School

Opinion

National Grilled Cheese Day!

High School