The American Heritage Trip

Back to Article
Back to Article

The American Heritage Trip

BPJH students enjoy New York's Time Square.

Robert Valdez, Staff Writter

The American Heritage Trip was an 8 day long trip. The trip takes you to the east coast! We visited Boston, Philadelphia, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Gettysburg, and Washington D.C.  All these locations had amazing places to visit.

Our first stop was Boston. In Boston we visited and toured The Lexington Green, where battles took place. Then, in New York we went to see the Statue of Liberty. We then visited The Freedom tower and we got to experience Time Square! In the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia, we saw the cracked Liberty Bell.  Then, we got to visit Gettysburg and got to stand approximately where The Gettysburg address happened. Next, we headed to Washington D.C.

In Washington, we visited the National Archives and saw the original Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. Later in the day we visited the White House and the Capitol! Also, in Washington, we visited the Supreme Court,  Library of Congress, and some museums. The next day we visited Monticello, which is Thomas Jefferson’s home. We then experienced the changing of the guard at Arlington National Cemetery. Also, at Arlington, we visited the grave site of JFK. After that, we went to the World War II memorial, Vietnam Veterans’ Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, and The Korean War memorial. On our last day, we visited the house of George Washington. That was the end of the trip.

I really recommend this trip, it’s fun and actually takes you to historic places. This trip is really worth it, the only down fall of it was how cold it gets, but you’ll get used to it.  7th graders, you should really consider going next year.